Concerned Over Aadhaar’s Misuse: Everyone are in a disarray about how the Aadhaar data leaks. But they doesn’t know whether their card was used without a proof. Here, we have the method to check whether your Aadhaar card has been misused or completely safe from the threats which were imposed and has been imposed on the data. Since Aadhaar is used for authentication to avail of several services, you might be worried about its misuse.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) that manages Aadhaar is giving the option of retrieving the history of the card being used over a period of time. This method gives users whether their information is safe or has been misused. This may bring some relief over many people and also make them confident about using it in further services that are being implemented by government.
Follow these steps to know when and where your Aadhaar was used:
- Go to Aadhaar authentication history page: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/notification-aadhaar.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code in the picture.
- Click on ‘Generate OTP’.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile phone. Make sure you had verified your number with the UIDAI website.
- You will see options to choose the period of information and the number of transactions. Write your OTP and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will see date, time and type of all Aadhaar authentication requests made in the period you had chosen. However, the page won’t show who made the requests.
The service will help the user keep track of their Aadhaar activities and if any suspicious activity has been done through their account. The government has recently extended the last date to link Aadhaar card with bank accounts and PAN to March 31.
For More Latest Updates: Follow PressKS