Avoid Dandruff During Severe Winter: Winter is the season where most of the dandruff comes to life on one’s scalp. Dandruff is nothing but the dead cells that come out on the scalp. But, if the rate of dead cells on scalp increases, it become dandruff problem. Dandruff is caused by many reason but the main thing comes with the dry scalp which is mostly during severe winter conditions.
Our scalp and the rest of the body are covered with skin cells. As the skin renews itself, the top layer of old cells die and scales off. Normally the entire renewal process takes 2–3 weeks. In some cases, there is an increased production of cells, causing the dead ones to pack together and build up as dandruff on the scalp.
Dandruff can have several causes, including dry skin, seborrhoeic dermatitis, not cleaning/scrubbing often enough, shampooing too often, scalp psoriasis, eczema, sensitivity to hair care products, or a yeast-like fungus.
Techniques to Avoid Dandruff and Save Your Scalp:
- Mild dandruff can be treated by regularly shampooing the scalp with a mild, non-medicated shampoo.
- Try to reduce the excessive Oil content applying to your scalp.
- Antifungal treatments including ketoconazole, zinc pyrithione and selenium disulfide have been found to be effective.
- Water is the most essential component of nutrition. It is required for proper blood circulation, which enables the nutrients to reach from the scalp to the hair follicles and make them healthy.
- Avoid use of hair coloring products.
- Try maintaining your stress, anxiety, and tension.
For More Latest Updates: Follow PressKS