Pregnancy Diet Chart: Pregnancy is considered as one of the best moments in female’s life. So, the mother takes measures to give birth to a healthy baby and eat for the baby instead of herself. Diet is the main thing which should be followed by any women during their pregnancy. Everything points at the healthy diet that woman has to follow to get all the sufficient and key nutrients.
The basic principles of a healthy diet remain the same, which means each meal should provide macro nutrients like – Proteins, Carbohydrates, and fats and micronutrients including vitamins and minerals in adequate amounts. There will be three trimesters (which contains 3 months each) and the meal must be planned accordingly for each of the trimester individually.
Pregnancy Diet Chart With Key Ingredients for Mother:
- Folic acid or Folate: Folic Acid is very essential for preventing neural tube defect, serious abnormalities of the spinal cord and brain. Folate is great for your baby’s developing nervous system. It also includes foods that contain vitamin B6, which may help ease nausea. Folate, forms of which are known as folic acid and vitamin B9, is one of the B vitamins. The recommended daily intake of folate in the US is 400 micrograms from foods or dietary supplements.
Folate Food Sources: Orange, Baked Potato, Spinach, Ripe Mango, Asparagus, Eggs, Broccoli.
- Iron: Iron is an important ingredient for a baby as it helps improve the hemoglobin content which is essential to carry oxygen in our blood. As the fetus grows, this is very important for any mother and this is considered important. It’s essential in pregnancy, as your blood volume increases.
Iron Food Sources: Baked beans, Wholegrain toast, Tuna, Chicken,Bran flakes.
- Protein: Proteins form the building blocks for blood, bones, organs, muscles and tissues. So, it is very important for a mother as well as the growing fetus. Your daily diet should have an additional 0.5g of proteins in the first trimester, 6.9g in the second and 22.7g in the third trimester. So you need about 78g of proteins in the third trimester.
Protein Food Sources: Quinoa,Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Eggs, 2-Percent Milk and others.
- Calcium: The second trimester planners must have the dishes that are rich in calcium and vitamin D. These nutrients will help your baby grow strong bones and teeth. You’ll find recipes containing omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for your baby’s brain development.
Calcium Food Sources: Raw Milk, Kale, Sardines (with bones), Yogurt or Kefir, Broccoli.
- Vitamin K Foods: These are taken in the last trimester as the mother need much energy to give birth and is also essential to helping your body to heal well after the birth.
Vitamin K Food Sources: Melon, Green Beans, Water Cress, Whole Grain, Lamb, Carrots.
For More Latest Updates: Follow PressKS