Mom Movie Review: After scoring super hit with English Vinglish(2012), ace actress Sridevi is on the silver screen with ‘Mom‘, which is releasing worldwide on Friday, July 7th. The film garnered a massive buzz with intriguing trailer and posters. The film is the suspense thriller, directed by Ravi Udyawar and produced by Boney Kapoor, Sunil Manchanda, Mukesh Talreja, Naresh Agarwal and Gautam Jain under the banner, MAD Films and Third Eye Pictures.
Mom is Sridevi’s 300th film and is being released in the 50th year of her film career. Apart from Sridevi, The movie also stars Nawazuddin Akshaye Khanna, Abhimanyu Singh and Pitobash Tripathy in key roles. Music for the film is being scored by A. R. Rahman. The film has been simultaneously released in four languages( Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Hindi). Recently, The film has been cleared by the Censor Board without no cuts and got UA Certificate. Read on Mom Movie Review & Story Plot.
Mom Movie Live Updates:
- Movie starts with Sridevi going to a class to teach in a school where his step daughter is also studying. With a guy sending a porn video to her step daughter, the scene ends.
- Sridevi tries to get on with her step daughter (Arya in the movie) but Arya couldn’t find herself comfortable with the situation.
- Arya always asks her father about everything as she don’t like her step mother Sridevi. So even for a party she takes permission from her father for Valentine Night College Party which is far away from her house.
- At the party, there will be some fight with her classmate boys which results in Gang-rape and was thrown away in a drain after. The medical report states that she took alcohol which is 0.08 percent in her body. So the statement gets invalid and the victims are set free in society. Sridevi gets back to revenge mode to avenge her step daughter’s situation.
- Thats all for the first half.
- Nawazuddin Siddique comes on to the screen as a private detective who impress the audience with his role.
- The story gets groovy with Sridevi taking revenge on all the victims who are involved in the case.
- Akshaye Khanna who is a CBI inspector is also looking into the case which gets a twist but at the end the revenge gets the success.
- Her step daughter comes back to normal situation.
Sridevi Mom Movie Review & Story Plot
Release date : July 7, 2017
PressKS Rating : 3.5/5
Director : Ravi Udyawar
Producer : Boney Kapoor, Sunil Manchanda
Music Director : A.R.Rahman
Starring : Sridevi, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Akshaye Khanna
Mom is about a mother named Devki (played by Sridevi) a school teacher. She is the loving wife and a mother of two beautiful daughters, but her elder daughter, Arya (Sajal Ali) is from her husband’s (Adnan Siddiqui) first wife. Arya has not accepted Devki as her mother, but for Devki, Arya is not less than her own daughter. One night Arya goes for a party and unfortunately gets raped. The incident changes the life of the entire family. The case goes to the court, but when the law fails. What will Devki do in such a situation? And How she takes revenge forms the rest of the story.
Do Check: Ninnu Kori Movie Review & Rating
The film already got the pre-release hype with trailer and first look posters. In this film, Nawazuddin Siddiqui plays a crucial role in the film. The actor looks almost unrecognisable with protruding teeth in a semi-bald look.A dialogue in the film explains that God isn’t omnipresent, and hence he created mothers. But the mother in this film is prepared to battle with Beelzebub, if he were to as much as niggle with her offspring.
Mom Movie Rating & Public Talk
Recently, Makers of the film has arranged a special screening for Bollywood film critics and celebrities. Among the celebrities who attended the special screening were Taran Adarsh, Rekha, Sara Ali Khan, Jhanvi Kapoor, Sophie Choudry and Boney Kapoor. The film has received positive reviews from film critics who watched the film.
Popular critics and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, who was one among the invitees, showered praises to the team for the powerful performances by Sridevi, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and the other cast. The direction, screenwriting and background score also left a lasting impression on Adarsh.
Mom Movie Rating – 3.5/5
Mom Movie Plus & Minus Points:
Plus Points : Gripping story, direction, Sridevi Perfomance and Nawazuddin Siddiqui who is a delight to watch!
Minus Points : Second Half Story Dragging
Mom Movie Verdict: Mothers are a symbol of strength; this movie further reinforces that.
Mom Movie Twitter Review by Celebs Who Watched Premiere Shows
Taran Adarsh: “Sridevi is the lifeline of #Mom… Bravura act… Towering performances by Nawazuddin, Akshaye, Adnan and Sajal… Recommended!”.
Sophie Choudry: “Feel like I saw the film of the yr! @SrideviBKapoor Ur beyond incredible in #MOM ❤️So is Sajal & @Nawazuddin_S ..Take a bow @raviudyawar”
Moses Navgire: #MOM is a hard-hitting film that reflects how d world still remains unsafe for women. Watch it for @sridevibkapoor ‘s brilliant performance.
Nishant Bhuse @nishantbhuse: “@MomTheMovie soul-stirring performance by @SrideviBKapoor, show stealer cameo by @Nawazuddin_S & impressive debut #SajalAli #MoMTheMovie”
Archana Pania: “When you see this word WOW upside down ITS #MOM watch the wow film THIS WEEKEND @SrideviBKapoor has nailed it again @sajalaliactress fabbb”
For More Latest Film Reviews Follow : PressKS