Narendra Modi Speech Highlights : Indian Prime Minster Narendra Modi will addresses People of the Country on New Year’s Eve, 31st December 2016. PM Modi will be addressing public after the end of his 50st-day trial period of demonetisation came to an end on December 30.However there is no official confirmation about Narendra Modi’s address. We will update Time as we get confirm report on Narendra Modi’s address on 31st December. After demonetisation, Modi had said: “Help me for 50 days and I will give you the India you desired.”
Stay tuned for the PM Narendra Modi Speech Highlights…
Here are the top initiatives he announced:
For rural poor
• Home loans in villages up to Rs 2 lakh to get 3% interest exemption, available for building a new house or expanding an old one.
- In this fight against corruption and black money, it is clear that you wish to walk shoulder to shoulder with us
• 33% more homes to be built in rural areas under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY).
• 30 million Kisan credit cards will be converted into RuPay cards.
• The government will pay interest for 60 days on loans taken by farmers for Rabi farming from district cooperative banks and societies.
• The government will give Nabard Rs 20,000 crore for giving loans to cooperatives at low interest rates.
For the urban poor
• Home loans for the urban poor up to Rs. 9 lakh will get 4% interest subvention, and loans up to Rs. 12 lakh will get 3%.
For small businessmen
• The credit guarantee for micro, small and medium enterprises will be doubled to Rs 2 crore. This will also cover loans from NBFCs.
• Banks told to raise cash credit limit to small businesses from 20% to 25%.
For senior citizen
• 8% interest on deposits of up to Rs 7.5 lakh for senior citizens for 10 years.
To decrease deaths during childbirth
• The government to give pregnant women Rs 6,000, to be transferred into their bank accounts.
This Will be Second Speech to PM Modi’s second address to the nation since November 8, when he outlawed 500 and 1,000 rupee notes. A deadline for depositing the banned notes in bank accounts ended yesterday. In his last address to the nation on November, PM Narendra Modi announced demonetisation of the old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes and urged people to bear the pain of the currency ban for 50 days to curb black money.
After demonetisation drive that is touted as ‘surgical strikes’ on black money, PM Narendra Modi is likely to launch crackdown on benami properties.Here is hoping that the announcement lifts our spirits and finally gives us some reason to be happy and end 2016 on a happy note. But when it comes to Modi, we can never really be sure.
Although New Year celebrations will kick-start between 7 and 7.30 pm, arrangements are in place for early comers to the venue to get a glimpse of the live action. Meanwhile, city hotels and restaurants that will be flooded with families for dinner are also making arrangements.
Narendra Modi yesterday launched an indigenous app called BHIM for online transactions. BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) has been named after the father of Indian constitution Babasaheb Bhim Rao Ambedkar. ALSO READ: PM Narendra Modi launches BHIM app for mobile payments; here’s how it works
The speech of PM Narendra Modi will be streamed live Here.
You can watch the live streaming of the prime minister’s speech on his website http://www.narendramodi.in/watch-live. The speech is scheduled to begin from 7:30 pm onwards today.
PM Modi will address the nation at 7.30 pm on Saturday, December 31. He is likely to talk about demonetisation and black money. The speech will be broadcast live on Doordarshan and several other news channels.
For More Latest News Follow : PressKS