Samsung Grand Duos Exploded in Man’s Pocket ; Samsung Claims The Battery Used is Third Party

0
samsung-galaxy-grand-exploded-users-pocket

Samsung is again back into the news with claims over explosion. An Indonesian user who has Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone in his pocket has caught fire and the user suffered injury on his face. The smartphone is one of Samsung’s older Galaxy Duos, which was launched way back in 2013. But the company investigated about it and said that the reason behind the explosion is because of the use of third party battery.

According to a new report the model in question here had a third-party battery. Samsung told CNN “We sincerely wish for our customer’s swift recovery, and strongly recommend all our consumers to use Samsung’s genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products.” The video surfaced on October 3 shows a man suffering from severe burns as the phone explodes in his face.

The CCTV footage shared by Channel News Asia recorded the entire incident on tape. Yulianto had his Galaxy Duos inside his shirt pocket and just as he was reaching for it, the device exploded. From the video, you can see the smartphone exploding with his shirt pocket covered in blue flames. Someone comes to rescue immediately, and he removes his shirt avoiding any major injuries.

Samsung clarified saying, “From a thorough investigation, we have found that the battery used in the device was not manufactured by Samsung or a company authorized by Samsung. We sincerely wish for our customer’s swift recovery, and strongly recommend all our consumers to use Samsung’s genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products.”

For More Latest Updates: Follow PressKS

LEAVE A REPLY