Wednesday, January 24, 2018
Bilal Ahmad Kawa 2000 Red Fort terror attack arrested at Delhi airport

Bilal Ahmad Kawa 2000 Red Fort terror attack arrested at Delhi airport

0
Bilal-Ahmad-Kawa-2000-read-fort-terrorist-caught

After 18 years Red Fort terror attack accused LeT operative has been nabbed from the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi. As Per Police Reports the bank account of the accused, identified as Bilal Ahmad Kawa, was used for the transaction of hawala money for terror operations at Red Fort and Kashmir.

Bilal Ahmad Kawa is being interrogated at the Lodhi Colony office of the Special Cell.Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Pramod Kushwah said, “We arrested the suspect after it was confirmed that he was the same Bilal Ahmad Kawa we had been looking for in connection with the Red Fort terrorist shootout case.” He said that Kawa allegedly played a key role in funding the attack.

During interrogation Red Fort attack probe, the Delhi Police had found that a total of ₹29.5 lakh hawala money was transferred through various bank accounts, including Standard Chartered and Grindlays Bank, in the name of Bilal Ahmad Kawa. Sources said the documents the suspect was traveling with had the same name. He was presently staying in Kashmir with his family and was visiting Delhi to meet a relative, the sources added.

The Delhi Police filed an FIR against the prime accused Ashfaq Ahmed and 21 others in February 2001. However, the court framed charges only against 11 people, including Ahmed.

“Bilal Ahmed Kawa continued to evade arrest and was hiding in Jammu and Kashmir. The law enforcement agencies were looking for him since then,” said the officer. Pramod Kushwah, deputy commissioner of police (special cell), said, “We arrested the suspect after it was confirmed that he was the same man we had been looking for in the Red Fort terrorist shootout case.”

Two soldiers of the Seventh Battalion of the Rajputana Rifles and a civilian guard were killed in indiscriminate firing at the Red Fort on December 22, 2000. Mohammad Arif from Pakistan’s Abbottabad, who planned the attack, and 10 others have already been convicted in the case.

For More Latest Breaking News Follow: PressKS

LEAVE A REPLY